Shared ramblings/ findings

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

19 Beautiful Examples of HDR Done Right

19 Beautiful Examples of HDR Done Right: "



As some of you may know, HDR photography is a big part of what I do. I’ve spent countless hours learning, practicing and honing my processing techniques and I’d like to think that by now I have an eye for a good HDR image. One thing that gets on my nerves is when I see a post on some blog titled “50 Examples of Incredible HDR Photography.” It’s not the title that bugs me, but the content. So many of these list posts are full of poor examples of HDR photography. Maybe not to the untrained eye, but certainly to an avid HDR enthusiast. Some of the images are great, don’t get me wrong, but others are full of over saturation, blatant halo’s, blown channels, and just bad imagery. It seems that the extent of these authors involvement in the world of HDR is the time it took to scour the web to create a post for it.


I thought I would do something a little different. I spend pretty much every day of my life in the HDR community. Whether I’m updating my daily blog, chatting with other HDR photographers on Twitter and email, viewing the work of these great photographers on their blogs, or even writing articles on HDR for this site. I am pretty picky about the images I will share with others. If it doesn’t blow me away, I don’t spend much time looking at it.


What’s different about this list of HDR images is that an HDR photographer (your truly) is putting the list together. I’m not saying that my opinion is superior to the next guy, but I think that when it comes to spotting a great HDR image I’m up for the challenge.


Below are a few examples of absolute spot on HDR images from around the world, and all from different photographers. These images (at least in my opinion) represent a handful of the best work the HDR community has to offer. You won’t find any halo’s, ghosting, blown channels, or muddy whites in these images! Every image was carefully hand picked for excellence in processing and composition.


Note: I’ve provided links to all these photographers sites. Be sure to click the images to see some more incredible work from these guys. These images are just the beginning!


For more information on HDR Photography, just type “HDR” into the search box at the top of the DPS site.


1.) Willow Trees in Cassiobury Park – Watford, England



Image by Daniel Loshak


2.) Dallas Cowboys Football (hold comments on our season please) – Dallas, Texas



Image by Cliff Baise


3.) The Taj Mahal – India



Image by Trey Ratcliff


4.) The Flatiron Building – Manhattan, New York




Image by Dave Wilson


5.) A Long Sunset in the Emerald City – Chicago, Illinois



Image by Justin Kern


6.) A Back-lit Nebraska Storm



Image by Mike Olbinski


7.) After the Storm – Dubai, United Arab Emerits



Image by Catalin Marin


8.) Split – Boston, Massachusetts



Image by Scott Wyden


9.) Flagstaff Lake Sunrise – Maine



Image by Rob Hanson


10.) Golden Delight – Clifton Springs, Australia



Image by Danka Dear


11.) The Workstation – Lawrence, Massachusetts



Image by Bob Lussier


12.) Christmas Night Snowfall – Monte Berico, Vicenza



Image by Augusto Mia Battablia


13.) Colorado Ball0on Classic – Colorado



Image by Chris Coleman



14.) Tugboats in the Snow – Portsmouth New Hampshire



Image by Philip Cohen


15.) Rugged Dartmoor – England



Image by David Wares


16.) The New York City Skyline – New York, New York



Image by Tim Gibson



17.) Relics – Portland, Oregon




Image by Brian Matiash


18.) Here Comes the Sun – Eleuthera, Bahamas



Image by Scott Frederick


19.) Locals of Halong Bay – Vietnam



Image by Jacob Lucas


Post from: Digital Photography School




"

No comments: